Tuesday, March 20, 2012

RACE MATTERS

"for the problem of the Twentieth Century is the problem of the color line." And who would have thought that "the problem of the Twentyfirst Century is the problem of the color line." Yes Dr. W.E.B. DuBois, you were right then and your words are true now. How can I say that so boldly: Rodney King, a black man unarmed, but shot by police, Amadou Diallo, a black man unarmed, but shot by police, Sean Bell, a black man unarmed, but shot by police, Oscar Grant, a black man unarmed, but shot by police.and now Trayvon Martin, a young black honor student walking home with some skittles and tea unarmed, shot by a wanna be cop. However, six black students were initially charged with second degree murder for a school fight with a white student. I rest my case!! This is my perspective! Sound Off! Peace & Love!

1 comment:

  1. Great point I think it's a shame that after all this time race still matter. What I would love to know is what make one race feel so superior over the other one, God does not judge us by our color.

    ReplyDelete